give a girl a home...
the cultural mentoring weekend went off without a hitch, and was actually quite pleasant and unobtrusive (only ~30 people, including staff and kids). due to the small size it was possible for unfiltered presense for everyone involved. i participated in the blindfolded drum stalk (rather than protecting as i have for the past three years), and had huge walls come crashing down as a result. the whole weekend gave me a little glimpse into what these "workshops" are helping people experience and my GOD it's huge and frightening and beautiful. i cower in the responsibility of it all, but am so honored to be a witness to it.
the weather out here has been quite typical of spring: rainy, chilly, and dynamic. the sun is shining, and the wind is howling down the canyon, stripping away any remnants of heat i could hope to collect between my skin and a wool sweater.
every day here is so different with the flux of people and the energy and excitement they carry. just two days ago, there were nine people here. and today, there are no visitors, cyndi and warren went to town for the 40th birthday celebration, and cindy is working on her camp. it's cassie, little bear, and the king birds, holding down the fort.






4 Comments:
Hey there lady,
Good to catch up with you, even via the world wide web. You are so talented with words. It is interesting to me to read your post because I am getting ready to travel and leave the home I have known for three years. Now away I go with my future wife to learn Spanish in South America. I hope to get to see you sooner than later. check out my blog I think there will be a link here.
hope you are well
cameron
Hiya Cas,
Your home looks wonderful! I hope I get to visit it soon. By the way, I still need to mail you something... You are a wonderful woman, and I am glad you have a "room of your own."
Yours,
Em
Hey Cassi,
I was just thinking. Shouldn't the title be "Give a girl a Dome"? Of course, that's just me.
XOXO
oh my god... now everyone can see where i got my wonderful sense of humor from! lol...
Post a Comment
<< Home