how many can empathisize?
i found these words on a recent journey through the internet. although not with the specific life situation, i wonder how many folks can relate to this feeling of loss in the world today. my thoughts are with this woman; i hope she gets what she needs.
I'm feeling so lost today. And no wonder. I just recently found out that I'm pregnant, and not to mention, totally unprepared. I've been doing nothing for so long and now I need to kick myself into shape but I dont know how. I've become so bitter about this culture we live in, and so unwilling to participate in it. But now I have a baby on the way, and I need to figure out how to support it. I wish I had someone to take me under their wing and help me find a way. I don't even know what I want to do. I know I need to get out of Connecticut, people are far too materialistic, capitalistic, selfish, unmotivated, and close-minded for me to ever think about raising a child here. And not only that, I need to get out of here to save myself as well. I wish I could say I was a strong person, but as of yet, I am pretty weak and still allow myself to be much too influenced by my surroundings. I know I need to get back in the habit of exercising and meditating, but in this house, it's so impossible. Everything feels impossible. Why does it have to be so hard to live another way? Why do we limit ourselves to this one way of life? I wish I could find a support community, right now i feel so alone. I dont know of anyone else who wants to escape from this box. How is it that people around here are so blind, so content? I just want to find people who are different....
2 Comments:
Cassie - did you email her and tell her there is a community in Santa Barbara of like minded people? Of course, you realize she is very needy and would take a lot of energy.
i did leave her a "private message" on the website where i found her words, reminding her that these feelings of isolation are a result of our culture and not anything inherently wrong with her. anyone who hasn't had these feelings in their lifetime is just deluding themselves, in my opinion.
Post a Comment
<< Home