poetic words
God must be one of those delicious dreamy aromas that float into the soul on the warm hopeful days of spring...a smell that beguiles and inebriates the mind, which, like a fine drunken horse of water, the heart rides, galloping wild like a river of possibility, right through the topsoil of your youth, cutting and eroding a groove that will be your life, a canyon sunk deep into the virgin plains and unsawn forests of your early days.
-Martin Prechtel, Long Life, Honey in the Heart

1 Comments:
re: poetic words
here's one for ya:
How Much Light
by Kevin Patrick Sullivan
In the long light of the stars
I pass under this life
growing old
traveling from here to there
I try to make this one moment
my home.
To absorb the light
right here
right now.
To walk with surety
with purpose
my shadow falls.
How much earth
How much light
How much can I call my own
As always,
Alan
Post a Comment
<< Home